At TCR, a speciality machine shop in Houston, Tx., a fraction of a millimeter makes a big difference. Everything that leaves our shop is exact because we believe in cutting metal, not corners.
TCR is the ISO 9001:2015 ABS #54215 Certified machine shop in Houston, TX.
To meet the strictest tolerances in the industry, TCR has added a new FARO EDGE Portable CMM Arm with Calypso software to our Inspection Department located in Houston, Tx. This CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) allows easy verification of product quality by performing 3D inspections, tool certifications, CAD comparison, dimensional analysis, reverse engineering, and more.
Whether affixed to our 72” x 60” calibrated granite surface plate, or secured directly to our production equipment, we now have increased ability to accurately measure difficult parts and features.
The FARO EDGE Portable CMM Arm with Calypso software Features:
- 1.8m to 3.7m (6 ft. to 12 ft.) spherical working volume
- Accuracy from 0.024mm (0.0009 in.) to 0.064mm (0.0025in.)
- Intuitive on-board measurement system: Built-in touchscreen computer; QuickTools; Laptop-free basic measurements
- Smart Sensor Technology: Sensors warn against factors that compromise performance
- Internal Counterbalance: Provides comfortable, stress-free usage
- Temperature Sensors: Allow the arm to react to thermal variations for maximum portability and accuracy
In the hands of our master machinists, tools like the new FARO EDGE Portable CMM ARM, allow TCR to achieve the toughest short-runs of the most complicated parts with the accuracy that we believe in.
If you have questions regarding our services or capabilities, contact us today!
*Image from: Direct Industry