Giving our customers quality parts and outstanding service is just how things are done at TCR Inc. Earlier in 2016, we proved this commitment by obtaining ISO 9001:2015 Certification ABA #54215. And as of June 1st, 2016, we’re GHS and SDS compliant.
What’s GHS and SDS?
GHS stands for the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals. It defines and classifies the hazards of chemical products, and communicates health and safety information on labels and safety data sheets. It’s also the newest version of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS).
The goal is to have the same set of rules for classifying hazards, and the same format and content for labels and safety data sheets (SDS) followed around the world.
How we met Compliance
TCR Inc. was happy to do the following to ensure the safety of our staff and customers.
- Update secondary container labels to account for GHS changes, including newly identified hazards from SDSs
- Replace container labels if removed or defaced
- Make sure labels are in English, at a minimum
- Train on GHS-formatted shipped labels & SDSs, as well as older formats if both exist in inventory
- Provide employee training on newly identified hazards
- Document all training efforts
- Retrain as needed to ensure retention of information; confirm efficacy of training
Complying with HCS 2012/GHS is an ongoing commitment we will adhere to in order to legally work with the hazardous materials our clients may require.
To get a quote from TCR. Inc. Contact Us Today!