What matters more, the parts or the service?
For the O&G, aviation, and research and development companies who trust our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Houston machine shop, the answer is both. They need quality parts for their critical equipment, but they also expect excellent service.
Take a look at shops that focus on the work and shops that focus on the customer and then decide what really matters most.
A Job Shop Mentality
A typical job shop machines small quantities of custom made parts. For this exercise, a job shop will refer to a shop that cares more about the part than the customer.
You might be working with a job shop if they:
- ignore your calls
- suddenly need more time
- tell you the machines are full, but we will try to fit you in
- send the work to other shops
This is the shop for the part you can’t afford to pay a lot for and don’t really need it right away or done perfectly. Thankfully there’s a better option.
A Customer-Focused Partner
A customer-focused partner will still machine within tolerance, and complete jobs on time and within budget, but take it a step further.
You might be working with a customer-focused shop if they:
- invested the time to become ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- are willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays to finish your order
- have ever escorted a part across state lines to ensure it arrives when needed
- hire talented machinist who love what they do
- invest in the latest equipment to meet the strictest tolerances
This is the shop you send your parts to for decades; they become an extension of your team and can be depended on. TCR Inc. is this shop.
Our Houston ISO 9001:2015 Certified Machine Shop
With a track record for machining quality parts, and making happy customers, TCR Inc. is ready to earn your business. Whether you need one part or a hundred, a short-run or complicated prototype, we’ll treat you like family instead of a job number.
Contact us for machining done right!